Saturday, 10 November 2012

Zbrush Day 26- Uber Charge

This is the custom interface I was using for my project, I customised it very slightly focusing on getting the tools and brushes closer to me which I need the most. Like the hpolish and clay tubes I have switch around with a lot it saves a lot of time having the dynamesh resolution and blur very close by.

Above is a video of me doing the extracting and using some alphas to improve my work.

Above is some of the work I did after finishing the whole of my model because i didn't work on the model without creating the typology and the uv's etc.  I did this by extracting which i learnt right at the start of the project.

Using alphas on top of alphas i made this, using drag rectangle and positioning it where i want it was very useful. 

Repeating the alphas as you can see from the back made the character's back look a lot more dynamic. 

I didn't include this in my final model because I never got around uving and retopolgising it but for future project I will do this. 

Thursday, 8 November 2012

Zbrush Day 26- Finished

This is the final render of the model with the matcap white material applied to show the sculptural detail of the model.

Here is how i created the UV's for my model, its a process showing how i done it but it doesn't show the full process because it takes too long. The time-lapse video did not record the part where I show the flattened version of the mesh. So I have some images of the different maps I made.

 Above is the normal map for my model.
Above is a texture map of the model that zbrush gave which I was very disappointed with because it didn't display properly in maya.

Above is the displacement map for my model

This is the ambient occlusion map for my model which got a little distorted.

This is the uv map of my model which I made using UV master plugin in zbrush. I don't know if the results of this uv is good or bad but it works. 

I did some renders of my work in maya 

These renders are made my using just the normal map on the low res version of the model. The results are very good.

Although there is some distortions but maybe something in the settings is wrong which I don't really know about.

 This is the model in Maya rendered with metal ray , I added the maps that i got from zbrush but i don't think they all worked.

Above is the shader network of the model I made for it using the normal, ambient occlusion and texture map .

Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Zbrush Day 25- Final Adjustments

Above is a turntable of the retopology of the model with the wireframe.

Here above is the wire-frame with the mesh.

The video above is the low res version of the sculpt without wireframe.

This is the high res version of the model with the texture applied.

This is the low res version of the model with the texture applied

Here is the low res wire-frame version of the model with the texture.

Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Zbrush Day 24- Retopology

It was time for the hardest part of the modelling phase, creating a low resolution mesh for the character which is 4.2 million polygons, i brought it down to 11,000 polygons using the zbrush retopology tools by using a zphere. There was a lot of problems I had during this phase, first was to make the edges flow with the hard edges of the model. 

Another problem was avoiding pinching points and triangles. Which was almost impossible. But I tried my best I really liked this phase because it is very challenging and fun. Zbrush does play up sometimes with the topology tools it sometimes creates vertices where you didn't lick so there was a lot of going back and forth during this phase. 

Monday, 5 November 2012

Zbrush Day 23- Making the Carbon Fibre

Carbon Fibre
 The carbon fibre that i made was very hard to come around because I tried using noise maker but the results it was producing were awful it didn't look like anything I needed. So I found a way around that and that was to store a morph target of my mesh without the carbon fibre details. Then putting the carbon fibre details on by using the alpha below and tiling it within the alpha pallet, then i used drag dot to put the carbon fibre on. Switching the morph target and then morphing the carbon fibre back only was the most efficient way I could find at this time.

Also using a another alpha within zbrush i made the rust on the metal of the model which I think worked out really well.

Sunday, 4 November 2012

Zbrush Day 22- Final Texture

Using what I learn from the last two texture attempts I found out about the material painting, so using that feature MRGB and the chrome blue tint material I painted over the model with the colour spray and a alpha to get that rusty look on my model.

I time-lapsed some of the painting process I did I had all of the process but my zbrush crashed resulting in loss of the clip.

The screenshots below are some of the images of the different parts of the body which I completed. Now the only thing left is to make the carbon fibre for my model.