The carbon fibre that i made was very hard to come around because I tried using noise maker but the results it was producing were awful it didn't look like anything I needed. So I found a way around that and that was to store a morph target of my mesh without the carbon fibre details. Then putting the carbon fibre details on by using the alpha below and tiling it within the alpha pallet, then i used drag dot to put the carbon fibre on. Switching the morph target and then morphing the carbon fibre back only was the most efficient way I could find at this time.
Also using a another alpha within zbrush i made the rust on the metal of the model which I think worked out really well.